FOSTERSHARE (Discussion Board)
Share Your Story
Donate to FACT
10 STEPPING STONES
1. We recognize we have been injured from our foster care experience, that we are powerless over our past and our lives are unmanageable.
2. Come to realize we can not heal alone, that only a Power greater than ourselves could restore order, hope, and sanity to our lives.
3. Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
4. Make a searching and fearless emotional inventory of our foster care experience to discover the nature of the damage.
5. Share this inventory with God and another human being.
6. Humbly ask God he help us work through our anger and pain.
7. Become aware of how our injuries hurt others and accept responsibility for our responses to the trauma we suffered.
8. Continue to take personal inventory and become willing to let go of our resentments.
9. Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with God as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.10. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these stepping stones, we reach out to other former foster children and practice these principles in our lives.